Your cart is currently empty!
Today we’re making Alkaline Chickpea “Tuna Salad”! It’s an amazing plant-based tuna recipe using less detrimental ingredients than canned tuna and dairy-based mayonnaise. This dish is perfect for sandwiches, salads or dip for alkaline crackers and chips.
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (any color you prefer)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Juice of 2 key limes (or substitute with regular lime juice)
- 1 teaspoon Crush Foster Caribbean Seasoning (adjust to taste)
- Sea salt, to taste
- In a food processor, combine the cooked chickpeas, diced cucumbers, diced bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes.
- In a small blender, blend the avocado oil, hemp seeds, key lime juice, Crush Foster Caribbean Seasoning, and sea salt until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the dressing over the chickpea mixture and fold gently to coat all the ingredients evenly.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed, adding more Crush Foster Caribbean Seasoning or sea salt according to your preference.
- Let the chickpea salad marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve the Chickpea Salad on its own as a refreshing side dish, or use it as a filling for wraps or enjoy it on top of a bed of leafy greens for a satisfying and nutritious meal.
- This recipe serves approximately 4 people, but you can easily adjust the quantities to make a larger or smaller batch based on your needs.
This Alkaline Chickpea “Tuna Salad” is packed with protein, fiber, and a variety of colorful vegetables, making it a nutritious option for a light lunch or dinner. Feel free to customize the salad by adding other vegetables or herbs according to your taste preferences. Enjoy!